Who would’ve thunk that a Baked Potato would cook up PERFECTLY in an air-fryer? Not this girl and I am still amazed at how well they turn out. This Air-Fryer Baked Potato is cooked through with crisp skin, and tender, fluffy flesh on the inside, just like out of the oven.
It’s not that this potato needs a recipe, but rather to share knowledge that the days of ovens heating up your entire house just to enjoy a baked potato are over! I am certain I will never make a baked potato in the oven again, and I’m okay with that.
Using the air-fryer is one less step while preparing dinner. Just pop in your potatoes and work on the rest of your meal. This cooking method is going to offer you a potato that has crisp skin and tender, fluffy potatoey goodness on the inside. You’ll want to eat the skin too because it’s just that delicious.
I also love that having a baked potato for lunch is now an option.
How to maked baked potato in an air fryer
1. Give your potatoes a good scrub to remove any debris and dirt. Then, dry the potato and rub on some olive oil and coarse salt.
2. Place the potatoes in the air-fryer, I was able to add 5 medium potatoes with ease. If you have a large enough air-fryer, try standing the potatoes on their tips to possibly add another 1 or 2 more potatoes to the basket.
Though, you want to make sure to leave enough space in between to allow the air to flow around the potatoes with ease. This will ensure you get crisp skin and an even cook.
3. Set the air fryer to 400°F and the timer for 30 minutes. I’ve seen other recipes that state to flip the potato halfway through, but I didn’t find this to be necessary.
4. Pierce the potato with a fork to check for doneness. Add an additional 8-15 minutes depending on the size of the potato. Medium potatoes cooked up completely in 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the air-fryer and serve your baked potatoes immediately with your favorite toppings.
Toppings for Baked Potatoes
- Loaded baked potato: butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese and green onions
- Bacon cheddar baked potato: crisp bacon, shredded cheddar, and chives or green onions
- Chili cheese baked potato: try topped with my Damn Good Spicy Chili and shredded cheddar or pepper jack
- Brocolli and cheese baked potato: steamed broccoli with cheese sauce
- Spinach, parmesan, and bacon baked potato: fresh spinach, butter, bacon, and parm – be sure to add the spinach to a hot potato so it wilts into the fluffy insides
- Taco baked potato: this is a great way to use up leftover taco meat. Top with the taco meat, cheese, salsa, avocado, and hot sauce.. yum!
- BBQ Pulled Pork baked potato: this smoked pork is perfect to layer on a baked potato with the addition of sliced red onions and bbq sauce.
A few additional toppings for an air-fryer baked potato:
- Sliced Jalepenos, pickled or fresh
- Roasted asparagas
- Diced Ham
- oh, the possibilities are endless!
What potatoes are best for baked potatoes?
Go for a starchy potato, like a russet potato. These offer a fluffy inside and the skin is nice and thick to give you a crisp shell.
Can I bake a sweet potato in an air-fryer?
Absolutely! Bake the sweet potato exactly the same. Adjust the time depending on the size of the sweet potato.
Here’s a few more sides to add to your dinner!
- Southern Macaroni Salad
- Cheesy Scalloped Zucchini and Potato Casserole
- Spring Stewed Squash and Tomatoes
I hope you enjoy baking up these Air-Fryer Baked Potatoes and found them to be as delicious and easy as regular baked potatoes!
Air-Fryer Baked PotatoCourse: All Recipes, SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Baking just got easier with this Air-Fryer Baked Potato. Cooked perfectly with crisp skin, and tender, fluffy flesh on the inside, just like out of the oven.
5 medium russet potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp coarse salt
- Rinse and scrub potatoes, pat dry. Pierce with fork.
Rub olive oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt.
- Place in air-fryer and close. Set air-fryer to 400 degrees and for 30 minutes.
- Check for doneness and add an additional 8-15 minutes depending on the size of potatoes.
- Remove from air-fryer and add your favorite toppings.