This Sweet Potato Flatbread is topped with a Savory Cream Cheese and fresh garden vegetables, roasted quickly for the perfect lunch. It’s not only satisfying but healthy, too. Add a protein like chicken, chickpeas, or bacon to enhance this scrumptious flatbread with cream cheese and vegetables.
If you’re in search of the perfect brunch recipe, you’ve found it here! It’s light, full of flavor, and can be as nutritious as you’d like! Not only do we spread savory cream cheese with seasonings and fresh chives across the sweet potato flatbread, but it is topped with spinach, roasted red peppers, red onions, mushrooms, and parmesan cheese.
Make the cream cheese ahead of time for a super quick lunch ready when you are. You can even skip the toasting process for a cold flatbread option. But there’s just something about cream cheese baked with fresh vegetables that always hits just right.
My absolute favorite addition to this sweet potato flatbread is pickled jalapenos. They match the flavor profile of the cream cheese stunningly and may remind you of stuffed jalapenos.
It’s a favorite of mine to grow in the garden, so I just use my own freshly pickled jalapenos. Want to learn to do quick pickling, too? Jalapenos are one of the easiest vegetables to grow, in my own personal opinion. When the plant is thriving, pickling is the way to go and it’s so much easier than you’d expect with a refrigerated shelf life for up to 3 months.
Ladies Brunch Menu Ideas
Have a brunch party planned? Then you’ll want to add this cream cheese vegetable sweet potato flatbread to the menu. It’s light yet full of flavor. Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette, a bright and refreshing Mimosa, and more of your favorite appetizer and hand-held snacks. Here are a few more ideas for you to add to a wonderful brunch party menu:
- Summer Garden Quiche
- Savory Butternut Squash Galette
- Lemon Blueberry Scones
- Poached Pear Sour Cream Tart
Don’t forget the best part, the drinks! Mimosas, Wine Spritzers, and a few light cocktails will keep your brunch that more exciting.
How to make a fresh vegetable flatbread with cream cheese
1. Add the cream cheese and seasonings to a bowl and whip them together until the cream is light and fluffy.
2. Spread the seasoned cream cheese over the base of the flatbread and simply top with fresh spinach, thinly sliced red onions, roasted red pepper strips, mushrooms, and shredded parmesan cheese.
3. Place in a preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until cream cheese and the edges of the flatbread begins to brown.
4. Remove from the oven, slice, and enjoy! This flatbread sits well during a catering, party, or brunch gathering.
Get creative and gather the family to build their own flatbread with their favorite toppings! This sweet potato flat with savory cream cheese and fresh garden veggies is the perfect quick lunch for work, school, or home.
Interested in making your own Sweet Potato Flatbread from scratch? Then try this recipe, or simply purchase your favorite brand.
I hope you enjoy these Vegetable Cream Sweet Potato Flatbread! Let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe. Be sure to tag #ladleandgrain on Facebook and Instagram!
Vegetable Cream Cheese Sweet Potato FlatbreadCourse: All Recipes, Appetizers, Lunch, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This vegetable and savory cream cheese sweet potato flatbread is super flavorful and perfect for lunch, brunch, or party table appetizer.
4 large sweet potato flatbreads
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp Salt-Free Seventeen Seasoning blend
1 tsp seasoned salt, or just salt
2 cups spinach packed
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup roasted red peppers, cut into strips
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- In a medium bowl, whip together softened cream cheese with seasonings until light and fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spread cream cheese mixture over flatbread.
Add vegetables and Parmesan.
- Place flatbreads on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until cream cheese and toppings start to brown.
- Remove from oven, slice into wedges and enjoy